Tuesday, December 11, 2007

chop suey show

Well, here it is. The first blog hopefully of many, documenting my journey through Europe. But first things first, let's go back to the night before I left at Chop Suey. It was the first show that I have ever put on, and for the most part the evening couldn't have gone better. Minus a quick evacuation do to a gas leak during sound check and hella maze showing up 5 minutes after his set was suppost to start the night got off to a hyphy intro. The crowd didn't exactly know what to do with hella's set looking confused and bewildered to why this guy would be put on the bill. I found it very entertaining and thought he was a nice opener. Next came the knowmads who always put on a really solid performance. I started drinking in the bar and watching there rosevelt fan base go crazy over there songs. The elders in the community gave em the co-sign and I look forward to seeing where they'll go. From here on out I was backstage putting my set together but from the sound of it Raj and language artz killed it. I got the pleasure of seeing canary sing do a couple tracks and they blew the crowd away. Gabe and khingz murdered the set as always and I took the stage after them. When I first started rapping I could tell I had a drink too many and was a little sloppy. Coming off a cold I didn't really get into my rhythm until about half way through the set. The crowd was incredible. At 400+ people I was more then pleased with the turn out and the energy from the audience. It always makes my job so much more enjoyable even if I'm not 100 percent on point. There was so many familiar faces in the crowd it was an the perfect way to send me off on my trip. We raised more money then I expected for DV-1 and got raj some scrill as well. It was a classic night in my opinion and definitley not the last show i'll be putting on.

No comments: